Buddy

Buddy
My Buddy

Thursday, June 2, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Since the beginning of the year, I have made it a point to make a menu of our meals two weeks in advance so there was no standing in the freezer door everyday wondering what to make. This has worked out wonderfully! My grocery bill has dropped also! So what's on the menu for today?

Beef and Mushroom Hot Pot
(from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes 2)

2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and Pepper
2 packages (8 ounces each) sliced fresh mushrooms
2 cups frozen sliced carrots
1 box (6-ounces) long-grain and wild rice blend (I used Uncle Ben's)
2 cans (14 ounces each) low-sodium beef broth

Season stew meat with salt and pepper and place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours.

It smells great! I'll let you all know how it tastes!!!

DaniLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment