Buddy

Buddy
My Buddy

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time to Get Back on Track

I had my first setback. I gained 1 pound at my weigh-in yesterday. I blame it on my carelessness with the pizza at our Super Bowl Party at my brother & sister-in-laws house. My sister-in-law and I had been accepted to host a Digiorno House Party from HouseParty.com. We each received coupons for free pizzas and $4 off coupons to share with our guests. The timing was perfect! We didn't have to figure out what to have for the Big Game. Of course, we had heathy choices also: Salad bar with all the fixings, lots of fresh fruit and cheese and crackers. My problem was I started eating about 5pm and didn't stop grazing. The fruit was sooo good and I wanted to try all the different types of pizza so I could report back to HouseParty.com. Now I need to do a couple of extra workouts this week to get myself back on track. I got to thinking... if I lose 2 pounds a week for the next year (52 weeks) I will lose 104 pounds. That will get me well on my way to my goal. I get excited thinking about it. I would love to be pain free (or even feel less pain), I want to get off my cholestoral and heartburn meds. If I can get my thyroid meds down some, I can probably get rid of the anxiety meds I'm on to counteract the side effects from the thyroid meds. I watch Biggest Loser every week and see how the people that are larger than I am with worst health issues lose the weight and make a better life for themselves. I want that for me too, just not to that extreme. I read in a magazine recently that the contestants on the show stop drinking water the morning of the weigh-in and take dieretics for water weight gain just so they can show big numbers. It's not healthy! They stress on the show the importance of drinking a lot of water and eating all the calories you are supposed to, but then the producers let the contestants risk their health for high numbers. High weight loss does not create ratings. The stories of these people and their lifelong struggle is why I watch. It's inspirational. When the show first started, I used to watch it with a bowl of popcorn or ice cream in my lap. Although I still have a snack from time to time, it is usually some fresh fruit, rice cakes, or lowfat popcorn. The show has changed my life. Anyway... time to work out and shed some more pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment