Buddy

Buddy
My Buddy

Monday, February 15, 2010

Must Be Doing Something Right

Whoo Hoo! I lost another 3 pounds! After all of the ups and downs this past month, it's starting to pay off. I am down a total of 9 pounds since the beginning of the year. It took a while for me to re-learn everything I did a couple of years ago. The only difference now is I don't tell myself I can't have anything. That was my downfall before. If I was told I couldn't eat chocolate, I would sneak it and devoir it. But now, with a little self control, I allow myself the pleasures in life. My wonderful 7 year old neice offered me a Chocolate Kiss this afternoon. I took one and savored it. It was sooooo good. When she offered me another one, I told her "no thanks". Now that takes willpower! I have felt like crap for the past week now and maybe that has something to do with my weight loss. I haven't eaten a lot, but I have been getting my calories. I eat a lot of pretzels yesterday because they were settling my stomach. I know it was too much salt, especially this morning when my fingers were all swelled up. Apparently it didn't affect my weight any. I also had a good night sleep for once, even though I slept without my CPAP mask. Until this cold clears, I probably won't. It prevents me for having a productive cough because it is forcing air in when you want air to come out. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get all better soon. We start singing in church this week and all the way through Lent. We have 7 weeks of choir, then I plan to sing a solo in church. I'm a bit nervous, but I shouldn't be. I have been singing for 23 years and spent 6 nights a week in Karaoke bars for years. God will be with me and I will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment