Buddy

Buddy
My Buddy

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sigh of Relief

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday fretting about the snow storm moving through. I'm used to the snow. I've lived in Michigan my whole life. I rearranged appointments and stocked the house with essentials expecting to be snowed in for a while. Last night I felt like an idiot. We got about 6 inches of snow over a period of 36 hours. No big deal for us. Then I'm watching the news and they are showing people completely snowed in on the east coast with businesses and even the Federal Government closed down. I heard this morning that the main highways going through Philadelphia were closed and they pulled the plows off the road because they weren't able to see. I guess I overreacted. I know better than that. I hate having this anxiety disorder that prevents me from leaving the house during snowy weather. A few years ago, Chuck and I were heading to the grocery store the morning after a big storm. We came upon an accident that had just happened. It was only a single vehicle that skidded off the road. That's nothing new around here. While we were waiting for the police to clear the road so we could get through, I looked over at the mini van and saw a man slumped over in the back seat. I read in the newspaper later that he had died on impact. That has stuck in my mind ever since. I think that is why I'm afraid to ride in the car when the roads are bad. I have been known to have complete meltdowns in the car, to the point where Chuck wants to drop me on the side of the road! I'm a lot better this year thanks to the meds that the doctor put me on. I also found out that the high dose of Thyroid medication I take also has something to do with my anxiety. Another "storm" is coming Sunday night through Monday. I promise I won't freak out about this one.

DaniLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment